BlogHer Entrepreneurs Conference
If you’re a woman who has a big idea that involves technology, the internet or social media, BlogHer is bringing back a unique opportunity!
Last year, I attended the first BlogHer Entrepreneurs conference and had the experience of a lifetime! Now, I want YOU to attend the second BlogHer Entrepreneurs conference!
The BlogHer Entrepreneurs Conference focuses on business, entrepreneurism and technology. The conference is limited to 100 attendees and is joined by 50 pioneering entrepreneurs, technologists and business leaders, for a day and a half of intensive learning, one-on-one mentorship and high quality networking.
The conference will take place on March 22-23, 2012 at the Citrix Executive Briefing Center in Santa Clara, CA. Read Lisa’s post from late last year, introducing the inaugural conference.
This conference is unique and powerful like no other, for the following reasons:
- It is an intimate gathering of powerful women from diverse backgrounds, talents and experience.
- It is a unique opportunity to receive a one-on-one hour of mentorship with a successful entrepreneur.
- Your business idea or area is carefully matched to a mentor who can help you brainstorm and bring your business to the next level.
- It is a powerhouse of inspiring, creative, smart and successful women!
- You will leave the conference armed with creative ideas, tools, resources and a new network of entrepreneur women.
If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, or you’re trying to set up shop, or wish to expand your current business, this is the conference for you! It will change the way you think about business and entrepreneurship.
Hosted by Citrix at their Santa Clara, CA Executive Briefing Center
Thursday, March 22: Half-day, 2-7:30PM, including welcome reception:
- Welcome and kick-off workshop: Intensive content to help you make the most of your mentoring and networking sessions the following day.
- Welcome reception: Connect with mentors and attendees in a more informal setting.
Friday, March 23: Full day of programming, 8AM-6PM, including:
- Mentor Session: Each attendee receives a private one-hour mentor mentoring session with one of the 50 leaders in attendance. BlogHer curates this experience, matching mentors and attendees based on interests and needs.
- Networking: Dedicated segment to facilitate peer-learning and fruitful relationship-building.
- Key Learning: Breakout sessions focused on delivering actionable information you can use right now to take the next step. Tracks cover Business Leadership, Entrepreneurism Fundamentals, and Technology Must-Haves.
- Resources & Success Stories: True tales of BlogHer community members who have grabbed opportunities and made the most of them.
Who Should Attend and What You Need to Make the Most of It
Here’s what you need to attend:
(1) An idea. Or a fledgling business. Or both.
We invite you to attend if you have a big idea and need encouragement to build it into a business. We invite you if you already have your seed or angel funding and want to take it to the next level. We invite you if you want to lead an innovative new program or initiative at your company. Are you anywhere in between? Great — join us!
(2) Do your homework.
This year we will be focused on providing more informational resources as we get closer to the event, a path to follow to make the most of the conference. Generate talking points about your idea, concept or business. Bring a full-blown pitch deck or business plan, if you have one. And if you don’t have one, you have until March 22, and we’ll be there to help.
(3) Invite men from venture capital, technology, business and entrepreneurship
One final point, so as to be explicit: Men are absolutely and enthusiastically invited to attend this event. Lisa, Jory and I have met dozens of men in the industry — from VCs to engineers — who openly seek our advice on how and where to recruit women for their start-ups and businesses, and who contribute thoughtfully to the discussion about women in tech. So yes indeed, we invite men interested in funding, hiring or advancing entrepreneurial women to please join us. And if you know women who would benefit from this event, contact Kristin Auger about sponsoring a table of them!
The Ticket Giveaway:
We want to give away this ticket soon, so you can have plenty of time to prepare for this important event. We will announce one (1) winner on Thursday, January 26th, at 8PM (EST). Only women are eligible to participate in this giveaway (sorry guys!).
Entry: Leave a comment telling us why you would love to attend the BlogHer Entrepreneurs conference.
Additional Entries: To increase your chances of winning, you can do one or both of the following:
“Like” the New Latina’s Facebook fan page and leave a comment letting us know that you have “Liked” the page. If you’re already a fan of the page, leave a comment (“I’m already a New Latina fan”). This will give you one (1) additional entry.
You can tweet the following: Ticket Giveaway to #BlogHer Entrepreneur Conference” via #NewLatina: http://wp.me/p132np-41b Leave a comment with your tweet link. This will give you one (1) additional entry.
One (1) winner will be randomly selected using Random.org. All entries will be verified.
Disclosure: This is not a paid or sponsored giveaway. This is just one more way we inspire women to follow their dreams and succeed.