There is a beauty revolution taking place!
As women of all ages and ethnic/racial background become more empowered, we are redefining what it means to be, feel and look “beautiful.” As Latinas, we are celebrating our curves, wearing our curly and natural hair, and loving our gorgeous skin tones.
Women are embracing their God-given beauty and are challenging the stereotyped ideas of what it means to be beautiful. We are making big waves, one woman at a time!
With a new definition of beautiful, we have new secrets to staying beautiful at any age.
The New Beauty Secrets
1. An authentic self-confident attitude: Want to look beautiful and sexy? Put on a confident attitude! There is nothing more powerful or sexy that a woman who walks into a room with confident eye-contact, a tall step and a big smile. Embracing who you are as a woman — dark or light skin toned, tall or short, chubby or slim, single or divorced — is the biggest secret to making you shine like diamond.
2. Feeling good about yourself: Feeling good about ourselves is ALL about living a meaningful life. How are you impacting the world around you? When you find your true meaning in life, you begin to feel genuinely good about yourself — and amazingly gorgeous!
3. Healthy Skin. Taking care of our body is one of the most powerful ways to remain beautiful throughout our lives. In many ways, our skin says much about our nutrition, lifestyle and the choices we make in our lives. Create and maintain a healthy, radiant, youthful complexion with a regiment of products that cleanse, tone, moisturize and pamper your skin daily. Another secret? Start early. “The skin you take care of in your teens and 20’s is the skin you will inherit in your 30’s, 40’s and beyond” says Iman, who has a fantastic line of skincare products offering all you need to nurture your skin.
4. Healthy Hair: So you have a knockout body and beautiful skin, but your hair is telling a different story…watch out! As we age, the texture, shine and quality of our hair changes as a result of hormonal changes, medical problems and lifestyle choices. You can have healthy, beautiful hair by making a few changes in your hair care regiment. For some smart and easy tips on nurturing and growing your healthy hair, click here.
5. Inner Peace. Ha! You thought beauty was only external. The truth is — how we deal with stress and life challenges can affect our skin, our body weight and our overall look. Find ways to feel centered, balanced and peaceful inside. We all have our unique ways of finding inner peace. Spend some time figuring out what makes you feel serene inside.
6. Simple Makeup: Wearing makeup — even if it’s just a soft lipstick and mascara — can help us feel fantastic! The secret to wearing makeup is to keep it simple and authentic. An overdone makeup application can come across as too young or too old. Keep it real. And if you have a hard time finding the right tones for your skin, IMAN Cosmetics offers a wide range of products that fits your skin tone exactly. Check out their new Spring Collection – Sweet Temptations.
7. Exercise: We can’t talk about beauty secrets at any age without mentioning the much-dreaded word “exercise.” There is no way around it — if you work it, you’ll be able to flaunt it. Exercise is the best medicine for most emotional and medical problems, and it is the perfect alternative to plastic surgery. A regular exercise regiment of aerobic and weight-training exercise will keep your body toned and flexible. Most importantly, you will feel energetic, young and simply beautiful!
What are YOUR secrets to looking beautiful at any age?
Disclosure: This article is part of a campaign with IMAN Cosmetics.