CONNECTING EXCEPTIONAL WOMEN ONLINE
Just ONE year ago, I created the Latina Leadership Network (LLN), to promote the dialogue on leadership, professional development and career success. Most importantly, my vision was to bring together a community of aspiring and accomplished women who were genuinely invested in supporting one another and were passionate about social impact.
Today, the Latina Leadership Network has over 3,300 members, actively engaging in peer mentoring, resource sharing, smart dialogue and personal/professional empowerment. We could not be prouder of this community. Over the past year, we have maintained a zero-tolerance on small thinking. We are trailblazing as one of the most powerful and genuinely supportive communities on Facebook for Latinas.
The Latina Leadership Network Impact
Over the past year, I have received dozens of notes from LLN members, sharing how this online community has transformed their lives and careers. Here are some ways the Latina Leadership Network has been incredibly valuable to its members:
1. Women from around the country who have felt isolated at work as the only Latina, or who don’t have access to a mentor at work or school, have expressed excitement for being able to connect and engage with like-minded Latinas.
2. Inspired by the Latina Leadership Network, several LLN members have created their own Facebook groups focused on niched professional areas. The Latinas Completing Doctoral Degrees (LCDD) is one excellent example. The LCDD group provides a much needed platform for current and aspiring doctoral students to connect around the challenges and opportunities of completing a doctoral degree.
3. Our Peer Mentoring initiative has become an invaluable platform for members to share their real time workplace/career matters and receive guidance/advice from the group.
4. The MONDAY CONNECTIONS thread continues to be an excellent way tocelebrate and highlight the achievements, business news/offering, and blog posts of our members.
5. Above all, one of the most significant achievements of the Latina Leadership Network has been elevating the bar on creating a respectful, authentically supportive and empowering community.
I thank all the members for their contributions, support and engagement. We invite YOU to join us (if you haven’t yet) and encourage you to share this resource with friends and colleagues.
JOIN US by sending your email address to: Info@ELLAInstitute.com. Write “Join LLN” on subject heading.
Un fuerte abrazo!
Angelica Perez-Litwin, PhD
Empowering Women to Achieve New Heights
The Latina Leadership Network is a Game Changer
by October 12, 2013on
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!