New Latina™ promotes personal and professional success with articles and features that resonate with Latinas who are ambitious, driven and career-minded. New Latina™ offers content that inspires, informs and guides Latinas to live a more centered, confident and sucessful life. Our community of contributors provides a strong collective of voices reflecting our lives, needs, dreams and challenges.
New Latina™ and Angelica Perez, the founding publisher, have been featured on Fox News Latino, Huffington Post, NCLR, Hispanic Marketing Public Radio (HMPR), Latina Style, El Hispano News, Voxxi, and iVillage, among other publications. New Latina™ has also collaborated with the National Hispana Leadership Institute (NHLI), Latinos in Social Media (LATISM), and NYC Hispanic Professionals, among other organizations.
“New Latina was created to provide a unique platform with relevant and smart content for the new Latina woman who wants more out of life.”
Benefits of writing for New Latina™:
- Learn. Collaborate with a growing community of aspiring, emerging and established leaders.
- Educate. Share your expertise with us and promote your ideas with our audience.
- Hone your skills. Challenge yourself by creating a wide range of expert content.
- Build your audience. We’re the perfect platform for you! You’re sure to meet lots of new people, make contacts and grow your readership and resume.
We welcome articles that inspire and promote conversations about the following topics:
- Career Development
- Leadership Development
- Entrepreneurial Advice
- Personal Development & Growth (work/life balance, productivity, time management)
- Being Latina, Bicultural/Multicultural (Identity, Language, Cultura)
- Wellness, Health & Fitness
- Money/Financial Advice
- Trends & News Relevant to Latina women
- Inspirational & Empowering Personal Stories
- Life Coaching & Psychology Related Content
Professional Writing Guidelines for New Latina™ contributors:
- We welcome one-time guest contributors and regular contributors, as well as weekly columns.
- Articles are between 500 to 700 words, extended length may be permitted in certain circumstances.
- New article submissions are due on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- Regular contributors will have the opportunity to upload their articles directly to the site with a unique user login, and join our private contributors’ forum group.
- Article photos/images are welcome, but we make final decisions and select photos based on how well they adhere to the New Latina™ image and voice.
- Our aim is to publish articles that are inspiring, informative, thought-provoking, advice and tips-oriented or uplighting. We also accept personal stories that resonate with women or focus on issues that are important to women. Above all, we want articles that empower Latinas.
To Express Interest in Becoming a Guest or Regular Contributor, Please Submit the Following:
- Your name, email address, phone number, city/state (or country outside of the U.S.)
- Your website/blog URL (if you have one)
- Facebook page & Twitter handle (if you have one)
- Tell us what inspired you to want to write for New Latina
- Which content area(s) would you like to write about
- Feel free to pitch story ideas
Chantilly Patino, Managing Editor