Risk Factors for Osteoporosis in Latina Women
Osteoporosis affects more people than breast, uterine and prostate cancer combined. That’s 1 in every 2 women and 1 in every 4 men. Latinos make up part of this statistic.
In fact, several studies have highlighted the risk factors for osteoporosis that Latina women face. Some of these risk factors include:
- An estimated 10 percent of Hispanic women age 50 and older have osteoporosis, and 49 percent are estimated to have bone mass that is low but not low enough for them to be diagnosed with osteoporosis.
- The incidence of hip fractures among some Hispanic women appears to be on the rise.
- Studies have shown that Hispanic women consume less calcium than the Recommended Dietary Allowance in all age groups.
- Hispanic women are more likely than Caucasian women to develop diabetes, which may increase their risk for osteoporosis.
In response to women who are looking for ways to reduce their risk of osteoporosis, NUTRILITE® has introduced their new Ultimate Bone Health Solution. Two premium bone health supplements combined in one package to help build bones and increase bone strength and density.
Two Supplements Are Better Than One
When taken together, NUTRILITE OSTEO KEEPER™ and NUTRILITE Cal Mag D, the two supplements in Ultimate Bone Health Solution, work together to maximize bone strength and integrity as you age. Cal Mag D provides calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D to encourage the maximum absorption potential in the body and may reduce the risk of osteoporosis when adequate calcium and vitamin D are part of a well-balanced diet throughout life. In short, Cal Mag D builds bones while OSTEO KEEPER preserves and strengthens them.
Click image to enlarge
Download the above bone health fact sheet.
- Bone Health Placemat
- International Osteoporosis Foundation
- NUTRILITE® Bone Health Brochure
- NUTRILITE® Ultimate Bone Health Solution Nutritional Information
- Ultimate Bone Health Solution Ad Slick
- Complete Guide to NUTRILITE® Bone Health Products
- NUTRILITE® Bone Health Products Official Press Release