6 Strategies for Holiday Shopping Success!
The holidays are right around the corner and sometimes finding the perfect holiday gift for everyone on your list can be stressful to say the least. Here are some quick tips to help you with all o f your holiday shopping.
- Make a list. Before heading out to the mall, start by making a list of everyone you need to get a gift for. Don’t just write down their name, but also include their age, color preferences and other things you might find helpful for selecting the perfect gift. Also be sure to set a budget for each gift to avoid over spending.
- Start early. I know the urge to do your holiday shopping the day of Noche Buena can be tempting, but you’ll be glad you got a head start. Also consider doing your holiday shopping during the week instead of the weekend to beat the mall crowds.
- Map it Out. Be sure to check out your mall directory online and make a list of the stores you’d like to visit. By seeing where the stores are located in the mall, you’ll be able to save some valuable time.
- Look for Unique Gifts. Pay attention to the kinds of hobbies the person you are shopping for enjoys. For example, if your sister loves to cook, then you might want to consider getting her the latest kitchen gadget or cookbook. Also consider any special events that may occur around the holidays, such as your friend getting a new job. A leather briefcase would make an ideal gift for her first day on the job.
- Ask a friend or a relative what they would recommend for the individual that you’re shopping for. You can also check out their Facebook page to see if they have made any references to something they are dying to buy (cheating is allowed).
- Ask a Sales Associate. Don’t be afraid to ask a sales associate for help at the mall. Not only can they offer gift suggestions, but they can also provide tips on when sales will be taking place.
When all else fails, you can never go wrong with a gift card. Happy shopping!