A quick breakfast to go can be a lifesaver. I remember, on cold winter mornings my mother would make us avena for breakfast. Warm oatmeal swimming in sweetened milk with a sprinkle of cinnamon. I think back to these days with loving memories as my mom whirled through her busy day effortlessly. Fast forward to my home where busy mornings leave me frazzled, dazed and half confused the remainder of the day.
Women today are conquering new goals every day, taking on double roles and blazing paths for the future generation. We are women hear us roar. Our stomachs that is. In our rush to tackle on the day we often leave the house with an empty stomach. By 9am we are rummaging through our purse for that lost candy bar,salty snack or sweetened breakfast bar we earlier confiscated from our kids. Not good.
What if told you this evening in less that 2 minutes you could prepare tommorow’s morning breakfast. What if I gave you the added benefit that this breakfast will be healthy, delicious and portable.
Portable is key, don’t we luge our coffee every morning with out fail. A Breakfast To Go loaded with oatmeal, blueberries, yogurt and banana gives you the boost of nutrients a body needs to conquer the day. Whip up this easy oatmeal smoothie and the only roar you will hear is the roar of success.
Breakfast To Go ~ Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie
yields 4-6 servings
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup juice
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp honey or sweetener of your choice
- 1 cup ice
- In a blender add oats. Grind oats until they are powdery.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour in to travel mug and your ready for your day.
- Can be made the night before for an even quicker breakfast to go.