Current job/professional title: Founder and CEO, Refleta (www.refleta.com)
City you live in: San Francisco
Recent/past professional/social achievements: I was recently named a 2011 Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
1. Country of origin or family heritage? Age you arrived to the U.S. if you were born outside of the U.S. My family is from Durango, Mexico.
2. Three words that best describe you: creative, hard-working, lifelong learner (okay that’s more than three!)
3. What makes you a smart Latina? Knowing that being smart counts for only 10% of success. The rest requires hard work and ongoing education.
4. Stilettos or Flats? Kitten heels
5. Who has always inspired you to be your best? I’m always inspired by different places, people and things, but lately I’ve found inspiration in Buddha.
6. Merengue, Salsa, Bachata or Other? Salsa
7. What’s your favorite hobby or creative outlet? Writing my blog.
8. 25 million Latinas and counting! Your thoughts…? A subtle but forceful change – like water
9. Countries you’ve visited, and your favorite one: Many. My hands down favorite is Bhutan.
10. Describe a perfect day off from work: Sleep in, time in the sun reading a book, a long run, and eating somewhere new with friends
11. Favorite TV show: How I Met Your Mother
12. Favorite magazine: Scientific American
13. What has been your biggest accomplishment so far? Graduating Stanford University
14. What has been your biggest challenge in life? Overcoming negative thoughts
15. What is your next dream? To write a book.